da MARA is serious about protecting your online privacy. This Privacy Statement explains our views and practices concerning privacy, and how they may pertain to you as a user of our website.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Please be aware that communications over the internet, such as emails, are not secure unless they are encrypted. We do not accept any responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal data beyond our control. You may access most areas of the Site without registering with us.
The following words and expressions have the following meanings unless inconsistent with the context:
- “You” or “Your” means you as a participant in or as a user of the damaracardiff.co.uk website
- “We” or “Our” or “Us” means da MARA
- “Site” means damaracardiff.co.uk
- “cookies” – a small amount of data sent from the server, which is then stored on your computer’s hard disc drive
SECTION 1 – PERSONAL DATA
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use, as detailed in the Data Protection Act 1998. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
What personal data do we process and where do we get it from?
1. When you contact us via the “Contact” page or email us, we will collect personal data from you.
2. When you contact us over the telephone we may collect personal data from you.
3. Personal information may also be obtained automatically by your internet browser.
4. The types of personal data which we may collect from you could include, for example:
- Your name, your contact details (such as your name, address, telephone number and email address) through the “Contact” page on the Site;
- We may also process sensitive personal data about you if you choose to provide or post sensitive personal data: 1. when submitting an enquiry through the “Contact” page on the Site, by post, by email or by telephone; or 2. on our message board and/or discussion forum.
6. When you browse our site, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system so we can better improve the experience for all our users.
What do we do with your personal data?
We will process your personal data so that:
1. We can deal with the general queries you raise through the “Contact” page on either Site, by post, by email or by telephone; including but not limited to booking requests, special dietary requirement requests, information on our menu.
2. We can send you our email newsletter if you have subscribed to this;
3. To keep you up-to-date about important changes in our business
Other purposes for which we may process your personal data are:
1. The general administration of your records by us;
2. The general maintenance of our database and records by us;
3. For security purposes to protect your personal data held and/or processed by us; and
If you provide sensitive personal data to us we will only process this sensitive personal data for the following purposes:
1. If you have provided the sensitive personal data by way of an enquiry so that we can deal with your enquiry; or
2. If you have posted the sensitive personal data to our message board and/or discussion forum for the purposes of enabling your posting to appear and/or to remove it from our message board and/or discussion forum.
3. When you enter the Site, your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies in themselves do not identify the individual user, just the computer used. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track traffic flows. If you wish to reject our cookies, you can configure your browser to do so. Information on how to block cookies can normally be found within the help features of your browser. Alternatively you can ask your internet browser to alert you when a cookie is being set up.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products / services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to.
With your permission, we may also send you emails about offers and special events. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email marketing material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Email marketing campaigns published by this website or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity (this is by no far a comprehensive list). This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
SECTION 2 – CONSENT
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order or purchase a product from us, you consent to the processing of your personal data in accordance with this policy
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason (i.e. newsletter subscription and marketing messages), we will ask you directly for your expressed consent and provide you with an opportunity to withdraw your consent. In compliance with UK email legislation and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 subscribers are given the opportunity to un-subscribe at any time through an automated system. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on an “unsubscribe” link. If an automated un-subscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to un-subscribe will by detailed instead.
You can change your options in relation to the information you wish to receive from us at any time or withdraw your consent anytime, by contacting our Compliance Officer in writing by post or email.
Email: email@example.com FAO Rita Cincotti
Post: Rita Cincotti, da MARA, 2 Pen-Y-Lan Road, Penylan, Cardiff CF24 3PF
SECTION 3 – DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service. Also, if our site is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that they may continue to sell and support our products and services.
IMPORTANT: We do not sell, rent or otherwise disclose your personal information to any third parties, including but not limited to advertisers, strategic partners or vendors. Again, we take your privacy very seriously.
SECTION 4 – DATA STORAGE
We will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purpose or purposes for which we have collected it. The criteria that we use to determine retention periods will be determined by the nature of the data and the purposes for which it is kept. For example, if we receive your Information through a competition entry, we will retain your data for as long as is necessary to administer the competition.
SECTION 5 – THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in United Kingdom and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs (web addresses, example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
SECTION 6 – SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
All of our employees and sub-contractors with access to your personal data and/or who are associated with the processing of that data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of your personal data.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 – COOKIES
Da MARA’s website utilises cookies to create a more customised experience for our users and customers. For example, we use tracking pixels (i.e. Google Analytics) to aid in measuring and tracking where our website traffic is coming from and to track the performance of our site. Finally, we may use remarketing pixels from Facebook and Google to aid in customised, targeted follow-up advertising.
SECTION 8 – AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your country of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your country of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Rita Cincotti
Post: Rita Cincotti, da MARA, 2 Pen-Y-Lan Road, Penylan, Cardiff CF24 3PF